ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
January 19 2013, 6am UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, Franzeska Dickson, Maia Bobrowicz, sanders
GUESTS: Curtis, Jefferson, Lady Oscar, matty, Natalie
ABSENT: Ira Gladkova, Julia Beck, Kristen Murphy
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Maia personal Board post up Two weeks so far (http://maia-bob.dreamwidth.org/1027.html)
- Discussion of Daily Dot article (http://www.dailydot.com/news/organization-transformative-works-fandom-future/)
- Discussion about meeting minutes not being on website – Franzi did 17th/11 to 8th/12 2012 – needs review and Board approval
- Board approval of Cat as new Abuse member
- Legal has been invited to sign onto an amicus brief EFF is submitting and would like Board approval to do so, as they believe it is relevant to OTW interests.
- Survey has contacted the volunteers to get any partial work done.
- VolCom and Support are both doing databurst meetings at the moment.
- Tag Wranglers is in the process of setting a meeting time.
- Kristen needs to check in with Grants.
- Fincom/Treasurer is still locked in battle with Quickbooks
- Strategic Planning has Natalie as a new staffer and a meeting tomorrow/later today
- AD&T are about to have their first ‘real’ meeting and are starting the scheduling discussion. There’s been some good discussion / design talk around and with Open Doors.
- Systems is continuing to work with AO3 upgrades and fixing emails.
- I&O is currently polling for meeting time.
- CatChange is just getting back to work after the break, and already deep back into discussion.
- Content Policy is standing by.
- Request for update on meta: Board had reached a point, before Maia and Cat came onto the Board and FC and Naomi resigned, of wanting to turn it back over to committees and broaden the discussion because there were definitely some missing perspectives. The question on the table is how to do that, and what to do with, basically, a position paper the 2012 Board drafted in late fall.
- One thing we have all agreed on is freezing any removals of meta on the Archive until either a final policy or some other interim decision is made
- Update on proposed April/May membership drive.
- Discussion about whether the OTW is in a position to have discretionary spending accounts for committees. Currently we’re not set up to manage such a thing.
- Fincom will develop documentation on applying for funds and acceptable expected turnaround.
- Approved Legal for amicus brief in federal court.
- New Board members to read Tag Wrangling report from Strategic Planning
- Discussion of meta decision: turn back to OTW committees for discussion or make decision as Board? Quick review of Board positions with new Board members shows overwhelmingly in favor of saying yes to Meta on the AO3. Board agreed to consult absent Board members before proceeding.
The meeting was adjourned at 08:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on May 10 2013.