ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
November 10, 2012, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: Eylul Dogruel, Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, Jenny Scott-Thompson, Franzeska Dickson
GUESTS: Curtis Jefferson, hele, Sam Johnsson
ABSENT: Julia Beck (on hiatus), Francesca Coppa, Andrea Horbinski, Naomi Novik, Nikisha Sanders
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- We worked out a new schedule for Board meetings which will take effect next week.
- Translation is going to have a meeting with Grants and Webmasters to talk about getting a grant for a translation interface.
- Finance has sent their 1st quarterly report to the Board.
- Support would like to know when there will be news on meta.
- Strategic Planning reports that their Tag Wrangling report is nearly done and will be going to the Tag Wrangling committee for review very soon.
- Wiki reports that the Mediawiki upgrade may have to be delayed/moved slightly because of a scheduling conflict.
- We referred guests to the minutes of the October 26 Board meeting for the most recent update on meta.
- Ira announced some upcoming planned absences.
- Confidential discussion of potential Board appointments.
- Discussion of potential Board officers for 2013. Kristen will send the current list of candidates to the Board mailing list with a 3-day window for additional nominations, after which a vote will be called for.
- We talked about the desirability of establishing clearer definitions and documentation for officer roles, and about the ideal composition of the Elections workgroup.
- Discussion of potential chairs and liaisons for 2013.
- We discussed the steps that need to happen in order to move forward on meta. We need to finish revising the summary of the Board discussion (Ira is working on this) and approve it for posting, and we need to draft a message to committees to frame future discussion (Kristen volunteered to work on this).
The meeting was adjourned at 16:25 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on November 17, 2012.