ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
September 8th, 2012, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Francesca Coppa, Julia Beck, Ira Gladkova, Nikisha Sanders, Kristen Murphy.
GUESTS: Elz, Curtis Jefferson, Eylul, Agnieszka Siemienska, Franzeska Dickson, Claudia Rebaza.
ABSENT: Naomi Novik.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Approved a new staffer for Open Doors
- Approved a new staffer for DevMem
- Fincom are working on reconciliation. We’re nearly done cross-checking all of our vendor accounts for accurate login and password things, and putting together a chart to show who we’re paying what when for board to see and study and be quizzed on. For reconciliation, a deposit has to be assigned a class (nonprofit income, systems, etc.), the name has to be moved to the payee line, the amount has to be adjusted to match the paypal whole numbers (the paypal fees are a separate entry entirely and the adjustment has to happen to make everything balance).
- We have 3 candidates so far for our 3 seats for the election. They will be formally announced after 17th September. We discussed how candidates can familiarise themselves with the bylaws. If the election is not contested, candidates will still provide manifestos and bios, and there will be a meet and greet chat in public with a short opportunity for questions.
- Various updates from committees that will be announced by those committees in due course.
- Discussed a possible hiatus for Julia. There will be a check-in part-way through, work will be redistributed, it will be announced in the newsletter, and majority votes will be of the non-hiatus members.
- We discussed reshuffling liaisons as a result.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:05 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 11th September.