ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
May 19th, 2012, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: Nikisha Sanders, Ira Gladkova, Julia Beck, Kristen Murphy.
GUESTS: Elz, Eylul, Renay, Aja, Katherine Darnell.
ABSENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Naomi Novik, Francesca Coppa.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Approved a request for Volcom to buy a copy of Screenflow software for screencasts.
- Approved a proposal from Sole G (I&O) for a new workgroup to discuss changing the categories for fandoms on the AO3.
- Communications will be submitting a proposal to board to get a PR Newswire account (as suggested last year) for more actively doing press releases.
- Tisha Turk, Rebecca Tushnet, and Francesca Coppa will be heading to DC on June 4 for DMCA hearings.
- Samantha from Grants has been working on a giant National Endowment for the Humanities grant with FC and Elz and Lucy. That said, we probably still need more lead time and a bigger group for this kind of grant.
- Survey workgroup have been working away on posts about the results.
- We discussed potential board liaisons for the new category change workgroup.
- We discussed publicising the work of the board more – Jintian from Comms is working with us on this. We are also considering expanding the OTW Board pages on Fanlore.
The meeting was adjourned at 16:00 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 30th May.