ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
May 12th, 2012, 14:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Nikisha Sanders, Julia Beck, Kristen Murphy.
GUESTS: Elz, Kylie.
ABSENT: Naomi Novik, Ira Gladkova, Francesca Coppa.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Approved a new staffer each for Volcom, Wiki, Translation, Content Policy and Open Doors
- We discussed a research survey being conducted by Transcendancing, and Naomi agreed to extract the aggregate tag data requested from AO3. We discussed general principles for data requests like this – e.g. only aggregate data, only when the coders have enough time, meeting ethical standards for the research. We also discussed principles for signal-boosting surveys – we get a lot of requests, and generally point people at http://fanthropology.livejournal.com/ and http://fanstudies.wordpress.com/ which specialise in that kind of research.
- We approved Content Policy changing from a committee to a workgroup.
- We discussed access to staff tools for non-staff workgroup members. We agreed to use [3day] (Board get a chance to raise concerns but don’t need a formal vote) for Campfire Cross-committee room access, Basecamp project access or creation, vault access, and internal wiki OTW: namespace access for volunteers in workgroups.
- Strat plan are planning updates/posts approximately fortnightly from now on if possible, which can be merged into monthly newsletters as appropriate.
- Open Doors are moving steadily ahead towards 852 Prospect, using Mailmanagr and replying to queries from users.
- Webmasters are doing an internal survey to gather redesign feedback from committees.
- The usual tax extension for three months to 15th August for the annual filing was granted. Fincom are also looking at options for better interest rates for our money from the drive.
- We discussed the Emerita board mailing list and how it should work. The emerita board mailing list will allow discussion, but if we have an OTW alumni mailing list, it will be announcement-only. Jenny will document the proposed aims of the emerita list and put it on the wiki, while Sanders will email Rachel to kick off the discussion.
The meeting was adjourned at 15:50 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 17th May 2012.