ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 10th, 2012, 15:00 UTC
PRESENT: Jenny Scott-Thompson, Ira Gladkova, Francesca Coppa, Kristen Murphy, Julia Beck, Nikisha Sanders.
ABSENT: Naomi Novik.
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- A confidential legal matter was approved via email
- Two new staff members were approved to join Finance
- DevMem had their first meeting and things are going well. Drive is planned for 18-25th April. They are thinking about plans for a celebration of the OTW’s 5th anniversary in September.
- A workgroups document draft was discussed, laying out the purpose and general requirements for forming a workgroup, and the difference between workgroups and committees. This will be discussed more next meeting, after more people have had a chance to read it and reply.
- I&O Survey project started last year, and is now nearly ready. We are trying to update the test group, as the original list hasn’t been handed over – we’ll follow that up, and also create a writeboard of the communities we need covered. We’re hoping to have it ready in time for the drive.
- Docs workgroup proposal is presented for Board to read and comment on as part of next week’s workgroups discussion.
- TWC Fan/Remix video issue comes out March 15th, and will be very exciting.
- There is a museum show in Cincinnati about vids, “Spectacle: The music video”. Francesca had some input, and it will be touring to NYC and Australia at some point. More information at http://contemporaryartscenter.org/exhibitions/flux
- Media fandom oral history project is approved – Morgan Dawn and Franzi will be recording some oral history, and we will host and publicise it on our site. Any similar projects for other communities would be welcomed. We discussed how we can keep a good balance between offering hosting on the basis of “we build it and people will come” versus the need for active outreach to counteract misconceptions about the OTW. We will ask I&O to be involved in the post announcing the project and to think about future outreach for similar projects.
- A confidential committee and staffing matter was discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 17:20 UTC.
Minutes approved by the board on 13th March.