Board Meeting Minutes: January 16, 2012

ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
January 16, 2012, 18:00 UTC

PRESENT: Francesca Coppa, Jenny Scott-Thompson, Naomi Novik, Kristen Murphy, Nikisha Sanders.

ABSENT: Ira Gladkova, Julia Beck.

DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING

  1. Expense for travel for in-person handover of financial documents was approved.
  2. Use of Hubot chat bot tool for Coders Campfire was approved, subject to Volcom and Legal and Systems confirmation.
  3. Agreed to keep tag wrangler mailing list archives, and discussed other possible formats for archives.
  4. Agreed to keep email addresses for retiring Board members, to allow emerita board to work effectively.

OPEN SESSION

  1. Sanders will contact megcwalsh to tell the strategic planning group to go ahead on producing a proposal for the process.
  2. For SOPA, we will have a banner notice on AO3 and a blackout on tw.org, provided Systems agree. We need to word it clearly to make the international impact clear, and confirm it with Legal. Jenny will speak to Lucy about the AO3, and Kristen will follow up for Web.

CLOSED SESSION

  1. Agreed to start up the current committees, and discuss proposals for changes in committee structure (Grants and Content Policy) once term has started.
  2. Francesca explained the history and structure of Vidding committee for newer board members. She will send a list of
  3. Vidding volunteers and contacts to Volcom to include in their records.
  4. Chairs and confidential staffing issues were discussed, and the list of chairs for the term was agreed. Francesca and Jenny will email chairs to confirm they are still happy to serve.
  5. We agreed to have a discussion in the future about making a distinction between “committees” and other kinds of working groups, as they often work differently and we might have different expectations of each.

The meeting was adjourned at 19:30 UTC.

Minutes approved by the Board on 22nd January 2012.