ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
December 21, 2011, 20:00 UTC
PRESENT: Ira Gladkova, Kristen Murphy, Francesca Coppa, Julia Beck, Naomi Novik, Nikisha Sanders, and Jenny Scott-Thompson
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Officers were appointed as follows:
- President: Kristen Murphy
- Treasurer: Nikisha Sanders
- Secretary: Jenny Scott-Thompson
- The Board agreed to create the additional role of vice-secretary for this year, responsible for taking minutes in the Secretary’s absence. Julia Beck was appointed to the post.
- The Board will invite Rebecca Tushnet to continue as legal liaison.
- The appointment of an elections officer was postponed until a future meeting.
- Previous secretaries will work with the new secretary on an ongoing basis to get as many of the old minutes online as possible.
- We were reminded that Journal committee roll-over dates are different from the rest of the OTW, and agreed on the need for a wiki page of which committee has turnover when.
- A confidential mediation request was discussed.
- Thanking committees – we agreed more thank-yous are generally good, particularly when a committee worked hard but something didn’t go well. Whether liaisons can thank committees on behalf of the whole Board or need to get it approved by Board first will be discussed as part of the wider liaison role discussion.
- Strategic plan: Megan, Natacha, Tari, Anna and Paraka have now agreed to join the workgroup, and remaining workgroup members are still being discussed. We haven’t progressed very far, just sent out some links of background reading for everyone. We can kick off meetings and appoint someone to lead the workgroup, which will probably be in the new year.
- AO3 Recruiting/Fundraising: We agreed to create a writeboard for brainstorming and loop in Devmem, Volcom and Fincom as well as AD&T.
- Board members’ communication styles and preferences were discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 22:15 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on 4th January 2012.