ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
September 8, 2011, 00:30 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova (on hiatus)
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- The minutes from July 27 were approved via e-mail.
- Also via e-mail, we unanimously approved a request from AD&T to obtain a low-assurance ssl certificate for $10/year. This will allow people to log in to the Archive more securely, especially on public wireless connections.
- Ira is taking a temporary leave of absence; Hele has volunteered to liaise with Tag Wrangling and Support in her stead.
- We unanimously approved the induction of several new staffers: two in Communications, two in Support, and one in International Outreach.
- We unanimously approved the appointment of Rebecca Tushnet as the new chair of the Content Policy committee, replacing Elizabeth Yalkut.
- International Outreach has completed a draft of the External Survey and requested the Board’s feedback; we will review the draft individually by next week.
- Status update on Jenny’s training workgroup proposal: all but one of us has voted on this via e-mail. We’ll discuss it at our next meeting.
- Status update on the proposal from International Outreach regarding their scope and potential name change: Hele will share our initial feedback with IO.
- Status update on the diversity brainstorming blog post: chairs have had a chance to review the list of possible actions. The information still needs to be rewritten in the form of a post. We would like to get this posted soon.
- Confidential discussion of the 2011 board election.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:45 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on September 14, 2011.