ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
April 6, 2011, 1:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
GUEST: Elz (AD&T co-chair)
- Elz, co-chair of AD&T, shared concerns about the server naming poll.
- The OTW’s taxes are due May 15; Sheila is training one of her staff on how to prepare them.
- Francesca circulated a second draft of the 2010 annual report for review; the deadline for feedback is next Tuesday. We discussed the possibility of redesigning the report template for next term.
- Ira reported on a suggestion that the AO3 offer memorial accounts. This would take two forms: changing existing accounts to memorial status upon the user’s death, and creating new accounts to archive the work of fans who are already deceased. Francesca reported that Open Doors has already assisted some users with the latter. Although no specific proposal was brought forward for a vote, the Board expressed no objections to the suggestion at this point. We discussed the need to add information about memorial accounts to the AO3 and Open Doors FAQs.
- Kristen proposed terminating the OTW’s MySpace account (http://www.myspace.com/transformativeworks); there were no objections.
- We discussed a situation with a committee that has been unresponsive to inquiries from other committees. The relevant Board liaison will broach this issue with the committee chair.
- We discussed and, ultimately, unanimously approved the minutes from March 23. The discussion focused on the role of minutes in accurately recording situations when the Board chooses to reverse or amend one of its own decisions.
- Discussion of server naming poll and related issues of diversity and organizational processes, to be continued via e-mail.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:10 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on April 10, 2011.