ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 15, 2011, 1:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa
- The minutes from March 9 were amended and approved via e-mail.
- DevMem update from Allison: Drive preparations are on track; new premiums are being ordered (the Board voted to approve the premiums via e-mail).
- VolCom update from Allison: Legal is reviewing the draft of the conduct expectations document; it will be sent to chairs prior to the March 20 all-chairs meeting. VolCom is planning to equip all staff with Vault accounts and will hold a Vault and Campfire training session immediately prior to the March 27 org-wide meeting. VolCom is also formalizing its own internal confidentiality agreement and conduct statement.
- Curriculum project: Allison will ask Rebecca about it.
- Confidential item regarding an ally of the organization; discussion to be continued.
- Discussion of Wiki outreach: Wiki has been brainstorming ideas for how to do outreach to bigger fannish audiences and get more people involved with Fanlore. Suggestion: have “OTW diplomats” at cons who can chat about the org (from a general/DevMem POV) and also hold ad-hoc personal fannish history sessions to collect content for Fanlore. This might be a way to involve fans for whom wiki editing poses a technical barrier to participation.
- “Sister Committee” databursts: The chairs of the committees most closely involved with the AO3 (AD&T, Support, and Tag Wrangling) communicate weekly via Basecamp message to share ideas and priorities. Allison suggested that this model might be useful for other committees with shared interests. Possible interest groups include Preservation (Wiki, Open Doors, maybe an AD&T collections rep) and Outreach (Web, DevMem, Wiki, IO). Allison will work on scheduling initial meetings for early April.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:50 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on March 17, 2011.