ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
March 3, 2011, 2:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
- The minutes from February 16 were unanimously approved via e-mail.
- Hele presented a report from the International Outreach committee which outlined IO’s mission, achievements, and current goals, as well as what the Board can do to help advance them. Two big initiatives on the horizon for IO include proposed media category changes at the AO3 and a survey of OTW members.
- Allison reported that VolCom is working on a draft of staff/volunteer conduct expectations and she expects to circulate it for review and feedback soon.
- We discussed plans for the March drive and the importance of promoting it with personal blog posts.
- Server naming contest: there is a meeting this week to finalize the shortlist.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:50 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on March 6, 2011.