ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
January 13, 2011, 2:00 UTC
PRESENT: Hele Braunstein, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy
ABSENT: Rachel Barenblat
GUEST: Renay (Tag Wrangling co-chair)
- The minutes from December 29 were unanimously approved.
- We unanimously confirmed Ira as the Board elections officer.
- Tag Wrangling report from Renay: The wrangling chairs have decided to submit monthly reports to the Board via their liaison, Ira. The purpose of these reports is to keep the Board informed and collect information to help further develop the committee. The Board praised this idea and the report, which was distributed to Board members via e-mail.
- The election timeline for 2011 was unanimously approved.
- Org-wide meetings: VolCom has prepared a tentative schedule that alternates between three weekend times. This will give more of our volunteers an opportunity to attend, thus hopefully deepening their sense of involvement with the org. We will review the proposed dates for approval at the next Board meeting. Board members interested in hosting org-wide meetings should claim the dates they want by commenting on the Basecamp milestones.
- Chair training and support: VolCom is running a debriefing process with the 2010 chairs; this will feed into a chair training/support process. There has also been interest in holding all-chairs meetings as a way for the chairs to support one another; Kristen volunteered to coordinate this.
- Board liaison guidelines: Allison is starting a wiki document on the role of Board liaisons so that new Board members and chairs will have a better idea of what to expect from the liaison relationship. Please send any suggestions for this document to Allison.
- Backup liaison for Abuse committee: Hele will serve as a temporary backup for Sheila during tax season.
- Confidential discussion regarding prospective staff members.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:12 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on January 19, 2011.