ORGANIZATION FOR TRANSFORMATIVE WORKS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
December 22, 2010, 2:00 UTC
PRESENT: Rachel Barenblat, Francesca Coppa, Ira Gladkova, Sheila Lane, Allison Morris, Kristen Murphy, Elizabeth Yalkut
- We discussed the difference between open and closed sessions. Open sessions, held in the Chairs room, are accessible to all OTW committee chairs. Closed sessions are held in the Boardroom and are primarily used to discuss personnel issues and anything legally or financially delicate.
- Confidential personnel matter; discussion to continue via e-mail.
- Officers of the Board: We discussed the responsibilities of each officer position and elected officers for 2011 as follows:
- President: Allison Morris
- Secretary: Kristen Murphy
- Treasurer: Sheila Lane
- Translation committee: Translation, which is currently a subcommittee of International Outreach, will become a standalone committee in 2011.
- Legal liaison: We discussed the need to appoint a member of the Legal committee to serve as liaison with the Board. This person will provide the Board with input on legal issues and will receive copies of Board minutes, including digests of closed sessions as needed. We will ask Rebecca Tushnet to serve in this capacity in 2011. We discussed making this a permanent responsibility of the Legal chair.
- Chair appointments: We discussed and voted to approve a list of potential committee chairs for the 2011 term. Allison will contact the appointees to confirm their willingness to serve as chairs.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 UTC.
Minutes approved by the Board on December 29, 2010.