MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
July 12, 2014, 18:00 UTC
PRESENT: Andrea Horbinski, Anna Genoese, Cat Meier, Eylul Dogruel, sanders
GUESTS: Adurna, Archer, Jenn Calaelen, Lady Oscar, M. J. MacRae, MSilverstar, Tianrui Li, Trey C, deedidoo, james_, rebecca
DECISIONS TAKEN SINCE THE LAST MEETING
1. Board agrees to get rid of the “committee update” section of open board meetings. Instead, committees are invited to send representatives to Open Board to discuss cool things they are doing and/or if they want input on things from the rest of the org.
2. Finance Update
5-Jul 12-Jul Change BoA 149494.01 147182.83 (2311.18) PayPal 10315.48 11054.72 739.24 CD 10135.11 10135.11 0.00 Total 169,944.60 168,372.66 (1571.94)
- Our major expenses were premiums and server hosting.
2. DevMem is putting together a proposal for a merch store. Their preferred vendor will take a percentage of the sale.
3. Approved pilot program of NVC training for staffers/chairs
4. Approved contract worker for Systems (documentation)
5. Discussion of how to make cross-committee projects more efficient and encourage communication for committees
- Board will not act as a “failsafe”; committees must communicate with each other
- Board has been explicitly told committees do not want Board to micromanage their projects; asking Board to act as a failsafe runs counter to this
- If committees want to be involved in projects that are announced in the newsletter and discussed during open meetings, the onus is on that committee to involve themselves
- Committees that do not feel heard or that believe there is a conflict of interest or other problem must bring that to Board if they want it addressed
1. Discussion of confidential staff issues
2. Approved sanders’s proposal to dissolve FinCom
- sanders will create an audit committee (one person each from DevMem, Systems, VolCom, Strategic Planning, and a regular Board director)
3. Approved sanders’s proposal to remove Treasurer from elected Board
- Treasurer is now appointed position ex-officio
4. Discussion of org election system
Minutes approved by the Board 25 August 2014.